GREEN TEAM'S RECENT WORK
- All UMW meetings are low- or no-waste events
- Provides fair trade coffee and recyclable eco-cups for after-worship coffee fellowship time
- Advocates for environmentally supportive legislation and policies
- Hosts annual Earth Day observance with clean-up and prayer event at FUMC
- Established a Green Bag Ministry to encourage the use of reusable shopping bags; Green Team members sew and sell bags made of scrap fabric.
- Offered a small group Bible study to learn about the climate crisis.
- Hosted a talk by Bishop Sally Dyck on her book "Faith, Science, and the Message of Jesus"
- Purchased fair trade Eco-Palms for Palm Sunday worship
- Contributes to the UMW Global Climate Fund
- Attended the People's Climate March in New York and Elgin
Women wishing to join the Green Team should
contact either Jane Duffy or Jill Johnston.